Tuesday 12 May 2015

Beautiful Butterflies

Today I want to share a little technique I discovered playing with ink and dies...

I LOVE butterflies and just had to have the Butterfly Basics stamp set and Butterfly Thinlits. If you love them too - you have a treat coming with the new catalogue!

This is the first card I made using this technique.


Isn't that butterfly stunning? This was the card I made during the video tutorial.


It's hard to see on a photo but each butterfly is coated in Dazzling Details...


In the flesh these cards are stunning and I couldn't resist making another. As you know I use lots of Thank You cards as every customer who places an order gets one!


I used the sentiment from Sassy Salutations and did a little masking here.

If you're itching to find out how it's done and have a try yourself... here is the video.


8 comments:

  1. If you place an unscented drier sheet under your paper when die cutting, the paper comes out nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually use wax paper - but I forgot! :-) I'm not sure if we can get dryer sheets in the UK... xxx

      Delete
  2. Hi Paula, love this way of colouring the butterflies. Great video.
    Best Wishes Lilian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lilian... is that something else for your wish list? xxx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful cards Paula, will be trying the technique soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annette, I can't stop playing with colours now - so much so that all I've been doing is sponging and cutting out butterflies! :-)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you - I hope you have fun trying it out. xxx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

I love to hear from you.

Paula xxx