Saturday 27 July 2013

Sweet Goodbye

Hi folks - I'm back from the sunny continent. We visited a number of 1st and 2nd World War, sites of interest in Belgium and Holland. Luckily we were accompanied by some really knowledgeable people and it was an absolutely awesome experience, but humbling and at times emotional. I shall share some pictures once I have been through all 250 of them!

Last week I said goodbye to a lovely friend and customer who has moved abroad.

I will miss her so much - she is a very special person - and I hope to stay in touch.

I thought I would share the card I made for her. I was so pleased with it and I think she loved it too - though she refused to read her cards at her leaving do, for fear of shedding more tears than absolutely necessary!


Firstly I stamped a blank card with one of the Flower Shop images, then I rounded the corners with a Circle Punch. 

Next I cut a Top Note out of some of the Venetian Romance DSP using my Big Shot. I stamped the flower from Blooming with Kindness and over stamped it with the sentiment. Finally tying some Organza Ribbon round it before adhering it to the card.

I cut the leaves from my Little Leaves Sizzlits, again using the Big Shot.

Finally the flowers were stamped on Vellum, punched out using the co-ordinating Pansy Punch, curled slightly with my Bone Folder and then I added a little Dazzling Diamonds and a Pearl in each centre.


I also decorated the envelope, just with a couple of the stamped flowers.


I can feel another tutorial coming on!

Hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend - it has been hoofing it down with rain for the last couple of hours... Hopefully the grass will grow a little for the rabbit and guinea pig!

Back soon!

Pxx

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty and I love the pansy's on the vellum with the little touches of glitter. I'm sure your friend loved it. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

I love to hear from you.

Paula xxx