Tuesday 14 May 2013

Less is More Challenge

Well I'm still flying high after the regional training. I've been trying out all the techniques we learned and playing with my new stamp set...gutted I can't show it to you yet!

I thought I would get back into the challenges this week. so this card is for the Less is More challenge. This week it's a single layer card using a coloured card blank.

I love purple and pink, so I chose Perfect Plum for my base and Melon Mambo embossing powder as embossing gives better colour on coloured card.

I used Just Believe and Curly Cute stamp sets and scored the card using my Simply Scored to give it more dimension.

I had it in my head I could sponge a shadow to add depth... I'm in two minds whether it worked - what do you think? Do leave a comment and let me know... I cut an aperture in scrap card using my Ovals Framelits, positioned it on my card blank using a couple of sticky notes. I sponged with Perfect Plum - then stamped the image with Versamark. Before adding embossing powder I removed the scrap card so I wouldn't get embossing powder trapped in the cut out.


Why not join in yourself? Just click here to visit the Simply Less is More Blog.

Pxxx

2 comments:

  1. This looks terrific and I really like the shadow effect!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Paula :)
    Striking colour combination,and beautiful stamping.
    Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

I love to hear from you.

Paula xxx