Saturday 9 March 2013

On Strike! Embossing Vellum.

Today I am going on strike! Well kind of, I still need to walk the dogs and clean out the various reptiles and furries, but apart from that I'm not going anywhere or doing anything.

In fact once I've posted this I'm sneaking back to bed! Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone! But I deserve a day off!

Today's card is an entry for the Fab Friday challenge #13 and is a Sketch challenge, So I got to choose the colours myself! Certainly Celery and Rich Razzleberry!

I have two techniques for embossing Vellum on this card, the first, is where I have run a strip of Vellum through the Big Shot in the Vine Street Embossing Folder, something I call 'Dry' embossing.


The second, shown up here is where you stamp an image, in this case a Mixed Bunch image, punched out using the Blossom Punch, that I then 'hand' embossed using my Scoring Tool. I just chose selected parts of the image and with the flower on my piercing mat I carefully 'scored' them. Not only does it add the 'white' to the flower but it causes it to curl slightly. What do you think?



Visit the challenge page here, why not join in yourself? It's a fabulous sketch!


Here is another card using the same technique, This time I used Island Indigo and Pool Party, the flourish from Creative Elements, Curly Cute Sentiment and Pool Party 'heat' embossing on the sentiment.



I may be back tomorrow... or I may still be sleeping! Have a great weekend!

Pxx

4 comments:

  1. What pretty cards! I love the beautiful flowers and the strip of embossing on the flag. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Paula - enjoy your strike! - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat technique! I love the white highlights that you get from the embossing you did on your flowers. Very pretty card- I love purple and green paired together! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool uses of vellum! Love the little highlights on the flowers! I might have to bust out my vellum and give this a try! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

I love to hear from you.

Paula xxx