Tuesday 26 February 2013

Sponging for Fab Friday Challenge

Tuesday already! Had a great time with Blaze, one of my Border Collies, at his obedience class last night! He throws himself into everything so enthusiastically and without a hint of finesse. Bless!

Here is my next tree card as alluded to yesterday. The Fab Friday Challenge is a colour challenge so it is nice sometimes not to be constrained by a Sketch. I have used the Lovely as a Tree set and two techniques. Firstly I stamped the tree at the front, stamped the same image on a post it note, cut it out and masked the tree so I could stamp the other trees. I then used a sponge dauber to add foliage to the trees in the background. I also used a blender pen to add some crumb cake to the trunk of the first tree.

I matted the image on Perfect Plum, on top of Twitterpated DSP in Baja Breeze and the little embellishment is a Wild Wasabi leaf, punched out and matted on a Perfect Plum small Scallop circle.




This card is completely different to my usual offerings so I hope you like it!

Please do leave a comment.

Paula xxx

5 comments:

  1. Love how you have coloured the trees and the birds in the background add a lovely finishing touch - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula ,
    Congratulations !
    This card is lovely and thanks for sharing your technique.

    BW,
    Jyothi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paula
    Congratulations!
    This card is lovely and thanks for sharing your technique.

    BW,
    Jyothi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! The masking of the trees is a great idea! And I love the little punched leaf in the corner…nice detail! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I wish we had leaves like that on the trees right now! Thanks for the peek at spring! And thanks for playing at Fab Fri!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

I love to hear from you.

Paula xxx