Saturday 9 February 2013

Pinkies Blog Hop - Part One!


 
 
We’re so glad you could join us on Part 1 of the Pinkies Spring/Summer Blog Hop. We are showcasing lots of gorgeous projects using products from the new Stampin’ Up!® Spring/Summer Catalogue. We have so much inspiration to share with you we will be offering two Blog Hops - Part 2 will be tomorrow (Sunday 10th February). Simply use the buttons at the end of each post to keep on hopping. Do come back tomorrow to see what Part 2 has in store. We love comments, so please tell us what you think!
 
If you have arrived from Nicole's Blog, I hope you enjoyed her focus on the Just Married stamp set. These Blog Hops are such a source of inspiration!
 
I have focused on some cards using the Secret Garden Bundle. It incorporates the Stamp Set and Framelits, buying as a bundle also saves you 15% on the price of the items bought seperately. There are 3 cards for you to try at home.
My first card also uses the Top Note Die, Organza Ribbon and large Pearls. The colour scheme is Rose Red and Pretty in Pink. I coloured the flowers using a Blender Pen and ink from my pads - to do this you press on the pad when it is closed and it deposits some ink on the lid for you to pick up with the tip of the blender pen. Simples!
The sentiment is from the Bring on The Cake set.
My second card is yet again pink, but this time I have used the In-Colour Primrose Petals Ink Pad. I have cut out an aperture in the card using a Window Frames Framelit and used a slightly smaller one for inside the card. One of the fantastic things about the new style ink pads is the coverage, it means you can stamp again without re-inking and get shades of the same colour - which is how I have ended up with so many different coloured flowers.
The sentiment is from the Just Believe set.


On a similar theme I created an aperture in my final card using one of the Labels Collection Framelits, the colours are Wild Wasabi and So Saffron. The Secret Garden set means you really have plenty of scope to jazz up the cards as much as you like!

The sentiment is from the Petite Pairs Set. And that gorgeous stripy Designer Series Paper is from the co-ordinating Subtles pad of 12x12 papers. Don't despair - If you don't have a Big Shot - you can still snip out these little beauties by hand!



I hope you have enjoyed my projects as much as I enjoyed making them. If you would like to know more about Stampin' Up! Would like to hold a party, or place an order, go to the links at the top of the page and get in touch.

Do take the time to carry on round the Blog Hop and leave messages when you find something you like. We all love to hear what you think of our projects and whether you have been inspired by something you have seen.

The next stop is Diana's Blog, why don't you go and take a peek at what she has been up to?
Thanks for stopping by!





Part 2 of the Pinkies Blog Hop starts HERE so why not have a look around that too! There are loads more stunning projects to see. Have fun! xxx














16 comments:

  1. Beautiful Paula! Love the frames!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flowers on your card.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty floral cards -Hadnt thought about this set til now!! tfs. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments ladies xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards - I have to have this set! - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you make me wanna have spring sooner!
    Lovely flowery cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Paula - thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Your cards are very spring like so just right to cheer up these grey damp mornings. Love the photos of your dogs too. Janine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janine, your butterflies are just fab too! Have you seen the SU butterflies in the catalogues. I just love making things with them. Glad you like the doggy pics. Bet you must miss your Goldie, they are so much a part of our lives! xxx

      Delete
  8. These are very pretty cards Paula. I'm doing apertures in my next card class . . . so lots of inspiration in your post! TFS xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my first time here on your blog. Loving your style. Following! (not stalking.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

I love to hear from you.

Paula xxx