Sunday 24 February 2013

Exciting announcement!

The card I am showing you today was going to be entered in two challenges, Freshly Made and CAS, however I have been invited to join the CAS Design Team so you will find a card a week from me on the Challenge Page to help inspire you all to enter.

I am so excited and honoured and hope I can do the team justice. It is quite a new challenge blog so please pop over and join in and enjoy the challenges we set. It is great fun and has certainly got me thinking outside my comfort zone! CAS Colours and Sketches Blog

So, back to todays card, I used the CAS colour challenge colour scheme of Tangerine Tango, Sahara Sand and Summer Starfruit and the Freshly Made Sketch

I lightly embossed the Very Vanilla with the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder and stamped the leaves from Day of Gratitide on the Sahara Sand card that I had cut with the Apothecary Accents Framelit, stamping the same ink colour gives you a subtle image on the cardstock.

The sentiment is from the same stamp set and is cut out using my Bitty Banners framelits. The colours I have used just as an accent , the larger flower is the 3 elements of the Floral Fusion Sizzlits, the smallest element, repeated at the bottom of the card is a flower from my Itty Bitty Shapes punch set.

I hope you like the card and will pop back tomorrow for my next challenge entry!






11 comments:

  1. well done Paula, that's lovely news :) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Paula, You deserve it and will do well I am sure. Love the card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula, again welcome to our team and we know you will be a great member! And looking at your card today, how can you doubt yourself!!
    I love the neutral background but with the little bits of interest, like the leaf stamping and then the pop of colour from the flowers. A beautiful example of a CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Paula - it's great to have you on the team every one is going to be so inspired by your creations - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sweet pops of color with the flowers! Congrats on your new team! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply beautiful .... these pretty colours against the neutral background adds a lovely splash of colour!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet card Paula! I really like those little flowers! Congrats on the new design team position! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card and interpretation of the sketch:0) Well done on your new DT post, Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww that's fab news Paula! Congrats! :)) I love this card...it's so pretty and loving the colours! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card and a great take on the FMS sketch. Congrats on your DT news. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

I love to hear from you.

Paula xxx