Monday 1 October 2012

Decorating Glass Jars with Stampin' Up!

Sometimes you are left with the most beautiful jars and it seems such a waste to put them in the Recycle Bin... Some are just crying out to be crafted with!

So here is a simple example of what you can do with a couple of  Stamp Sets, some Card, Patterned Paper and a Big Shot!



Just what to put in it? :-)

I used Twitterpated Paper then used the Windows Framelits dies to cut out, first the Summer Starfruit card stock, that I embossed on the Big Shot using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder, I Stamped the label in Raspberry Ripple using the Friendship Preserves Stamp Set, then cut that out too with the appropriate sized framelit.

A little tip when adhering something quite stiff to a rounded surface, to help prevent it coming unstuck is to place it in your palm and gently 'slide' it over the edge of yout table, this causes it to curve so it will stick more firmly without wanting to come unstuck!





The flowers were stamped from the Mixed Bunch Stamp Set, Raspberry Ripple and Summer Starfruit ink and punched using the Blossom Punch and the 1" Circle Punch. I added one of the larger pearls to the centre and the leaves can be hand cut! I cheated though and used the Ornament Framelit that is the perfect shape and my Simply Scored scoreboard to add detail.

The ribbons are the Old Olive 1/8" Taffeta on the lid and 3/8" Taffeta in Certainly Celery.

To finish off I thought the lid needed something more than just the ribbon...



Here I used all 3 sizes of the Scallop Circle Punches and embossed each one, I used the Perfect Polka Dots, Square Lattice and the Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folders... and added another leaf to finish.

This was a fun project and enabled me to showcase lots of my Stampin' Up! supplies, you don't need to use quite so many products to create a similar project.

Why not give me a call or post a comment if you would like me to make some suggestions as to how you could do something similar?

Remember - if you become a demonstrator you can receive product in your Starter Kit to the value of £130 for just £99! And don't forget if you join in October or November you also get FREE Designer Patterned Papers!



Paula xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

I love to hear from you.

Paula xxx